- Want to take a bag? Have a small bag with you! like a drawstring bag. The place will be packed. There is not a lot of room for a big backpack and quite honestly getting hit with one is not fun.
- IT WILL BE PACKED IN THERE, House of Blues is SMALL. If you don’t wanna deal with people, go to the balcony area or off too the side. Thems the beans.
- "But I wanna be in front of the stage!" Then get prepared to be pushed around! It’s a rock show!! This happens all the time! SPECIALLY ONES IN TINY SPACES (like the house of blues)
- Look out for kids, don’t hit them with your stuff. It doesn’t matter, I’ve seen people standing there just hit them with their stuff. Not everyone can look out for kids all the time, not everyone can even SEE them.
- BUY MERCH AFTER THE SHOW, hold off on posters and stuff. If you wanna get a shirt or hat at least you can wear that but it’s just not worth it man. You gotta hold it on FOR THE WHOLE SHOW. you do not get let back in.
- MERCH IS CASH ONLY AT THE VENUE, it is required of them to do it this way.
- STAY HYDRATED, drink a lot of water BEFORE you go to the venue. You can buy drinks there but they will be expensive and MCBC does not spit water on the crowd enough to stave you off.
- STAY HYDRATED, don’t be an idiot.
- Remember, it’s a rock show. It’s a rock show. It’s a rock show. It’s a rock show. IT’s a rock show.
- There will be flashing lights at this rock show.
- There will be loud noises at this rock show. So get earplugs, specially for kids.
- Have fun
- Have all the fun.
- Stay hyrdated
This has been your yearly reminder, just in case you haven’t gotten to a show or to a show at this venue!! BECAUSE SERIOUSLY IT’S SMALL AND GETS PACKED.
Here’s hoping the bats make all of those announcements at Comicon that we’re hoping they’ll make. I mean, if they don’t, that’s fine too, but like we always say, hope springs eternal.
im pretty sure if you’re transgender you identify as the gender you’re presenting as, not as “transgender.” ie if youre a trans man, your gender isnt “transgender” it’s “male” ?? am i wrong?
God bless you. No. You’re not wrong. No. You’re correct in thinking this. THank you.
And according to Judith Butler’s theories on gender performitivity, the above is also correct because it uses the terms “identify” and “present” as two distinct acts. When looking at only gender, which is really just a series of performances that a particular society has constructed as male or female, it’s impossible to even come up with an assessment of “trans” via gender alone. The “trans” assessment can only arise when comparing where the performances fall on the male-female spectrum and noticing a discrepancy with where their body falls on the sex-spectrum. So, yes: if your gendered performances fall on the “male” end of the spectrum, then you are male.
I need to read to read more Judith Butler. I have an ok handle on her theories on gender performitivity, but I need to see if she’s done any work on the interplay between those performances and a person’s self-identification. Like, if a person self-identifies as male, but every one of their performances falls on the female end, then what’s up? I think one of the most frustrating things about gender studies for people is that even the peeps who dedicate their whole lives to this stuff don’t know exactly how it works.
3d printed armor for Barbie. The files are available for $1 on Kickstarter.
OO YEAH, LIFE IN THE DREAMKEEP~
Where were these back when a misguided family member bought a Barbie for my sister when we were young? The future is now, people.
The only time I’ve ever gone anon is when I was sending crush notes to Lizzy. I only say things that I would be comfortable saying to the person’s face, so I never go anon.
(makes it a little hard to get in touch with people who then block you for speaking your mind or being honest, but if they’re that uncool I don’t want anything to do with them anyway)
Come early and participate in a meet and greet with The Aquabats at the San Diego House of blues. Early entry, last 2 songs of their sound check and photo and signing ops. We’re opening 35 passes for this meet and greet. only avail to ticketed concert goers. Please come to the box office at 4:45 to be directed to the holding area.
We’re almost sold out on our stock of Meet & Greet tickets, so be sure to pick yours up before they’re all gone!
Get on it, peeps. Go meet them and show them how cool we all can actually be.
I made a dumb, boring diary blog today for anyone that’s interested.
It’s gonna be boring, but at least it’ll be a more concentrated dosage of pure me instead of reblogs and junk.
Okay but Never Gonna Give You Up (better known as Rickroll) is actually a really really horrible song for many reasons, which I will better explain under the cut.
Brace yourselves, this is pretty long.
Wow I actually never thought I’d even care about such an old song but jeez
SIGNAL BOOST THE SHIT OUT OF THIS
You know, I had never considered this. Really opened my eyes to some new possibilities.